What is Work Conditioning?
Work Conditioning is a program designed to maximize work abilities by integrating education, aerobic exercise, stretching, strengthening and functional task training to optimize safe return to work.
When determining if a candidate is appropriate for work conditioning, we consider the following*:
- RISK – is the patient at risk of re-injury or causing injury to co-workers?
- CAPACITY – can the patient meet the minimum job requirements?
- TOLERANCE – what is the patient’s ability to perform tasks given their subjective complaints & pain level?
* AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Work Ability and Return to Work
Our Work Conditioning program features:
- A return to work focus
- Consistent documentation tool
- Conditioning up to 4-6 hours/day and 3-5 days/ week
- Typical program duration is 4-6 weeks
- Program may include equipment from the employer to use in the clinic for work simulation
- Weekly communication with case manager/physician/carrier